Employment Opportunities with UK Libraries
University of Kentucky Libraries welcomes proactive and creative individuals to join our team of faculty, staff and student workers to provide dynamic information services to meet the needs of our ever-growing user base of student, staff, faculty, community and online users. Those who join our team commit themselves to outstanding customer service, continuous improvement and innovative approaches to library services.
UK Libraries employs over 200 full-time staff and faculty and employs the second highest number of student workers across the University of Kentucky. Our memberships include:
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
- State Assisted Academic Library Council of Kentucky (SAALCK)
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR)
- Digital Library Federation (DLF)
- Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition (SPARC)
- Library Publishing Coalition
Our library system also serves as a regional depository for federal government publications.
Applications for employment can be completed through the University of Kentucky's online employment portal.