Document Delivery & Interlibrary Loan
An ILLiad account is necessary for Document Delivery requests (for items held by the UK Libraries but not available in electronic format) and Interlibrary Loan [ILL] (a free service that attempts to fill gaps in the UK Libraries' collection). If the collection lacks items needed for your research, the ILL staff will attempt to obtain the material from another library or document vendor on your behalf.
ILLiad is an electronic system which allows the library to process your requests and fulfill them efficiently. You will find it easier to submit your Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan requests. With ILLiad, you enter your name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, (at the time of your first request) to create an ILLiad account that you will use to request articles, books, etc. that are unavailable electronically.
As Distance Learning students, you will receive journal articles electronically, and books will still be mailed to you. You will be notified via e-mail when an article you requested is available in your ILLiad account for ‘pick-up.’
To create your ILLiad account, please follow these steps:
· Before creating your new ILLiad account, you must have a Distance Learning library barcode. To obtain this, please fill out this form.
· When you receive your library barcode number from the Distance Learning Librarian, you will be ready to use your ILLiad account.
· Use your ILLiad account at this link.
· Click on the Main Campus ILLiad link.
· Use your linkblue user i.d. and. password to access your ILLiad
· Important: In the section labeled "Campus Address," please fill in your home/mailing address instead.
· In the section labeled "Pick Up Location," please leave that set on Young Library.
· Once you have completed the form, hit the submit button and you are ready to use your ILLiad i.d. and password to request items unavailable electronically from the UK Library system.
· Please note: if the UK Library system does not own the item you are requesting, the Interlibrary Loan process will begin automatically to get the material from another library on your behalf.
· You can access your ILLiad account from the UK Libraries home page or from the Distance Learning Library Service homepage. From the UK Libraries homepage, click on Interlibrary Loan under the "Services" tab on the upper left side of the UK Libraries home page.
| Return to the Distance Learning Library Services' main page |