Finding Government Information


Federal Government Periodicals

How to Find Federal Government Periodicals

  • To determine if the UK Libraries own a particular federal government periodical, search the online catalog, InfoKat, by the title of the periodical.
  • The catalog records list the library location and call number for each periodical. In some cases, the record will also list the years and volumes owned by the library.
  • In Young Library, federal government periodicals are shelved by Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) call number.
  • Current issues of most federal government periodicals (unbound) are shelved on the 3rd floor, North Wing in the unbound periodicals area.
  • Bound volumes of federal government periodicals are shelved on the 5th floor, North and East wing.
    Instructions on how to look for a SuDoc call number
  • Other campus libraries may shelve federal government periodicals by call number or in alphabetical order by title.
  • Most electronic federal government periodicals are listed in the online catalog. Most titles are accessible from off campus for UK faculty, students and staff through government websites accessible via a web browser (such as Firefox or Internet Explorer).

    Note: To find federal government periodical articles on a specific topic, see: How to find federal government periodical articles.


HOURS for June 22, 2021