Last update: June 11, 2021
UK Libraries Operations Update
Effective June 14, vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear a mask or face covering in campus library facilities. While we are working to restore public spaces and services to pre-COVID operations as quickly as possible, modifications to some library services are still in effect. Details are provided below.
For more information on campus safety measures, visit University of Kentucky's COVID-19 guidelines.
- Librarians are available online to answer your questions through UK Libraries' chat service ("Ask Us"):
- See our Ask Us page for additional help options.
- Library locations are now operating on 2021 summer session hours.
- CDC-approved face masks or coverings are required for non-vaccinated individuals only.
- Group study spaces and meeting rooms will be available beginning August 23.
- Our online reservation system will be available on August 1.
- Details regarding room scheduling will be added to our site in the coming weeks.
- Commonly shared items such as public computers, dry erase markers and erasers, cables and similar materials are not available for the summer session.
- Print items are available for check out in-person or through Grab-and-Go, UK Libraries' low contact service option.
- When returning print items, UK Libraries encourages you to use the designated book return outside your nearest UK Libraries location.
- Looking for audiovisual materials? These items may be requested at the Circulation Desk in William T. Young Library.
- Periodicals, Newspapers and Microform Desk services are available online and by appointment.
- Patrons are also encouraged to explore UK Libraries' online newspaper resources.