Last update: May 14, 2021
UK Libraries Summer Session, Operations Updates
Effective May 15, UK Libraries' campus locations will operate on 2021 summer session hours. Appointments will no longer be required to access the Design Library, Education Library, and Special Collections Research Center. Visit Hours at a Glance for a full list of UK Libraries' summer hours of operation.
While we look forward to resuming pre-COVID operations as quickly as possible, library facilities will continue to follow University of Kentucky's campus-wide COVID-19 guidelines. As a result, modifications to some library services are still in effect. Details are provided below.
We will update our service protocols as campus adjusts to new recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Governor Beshear.
- Librarians are available online to answer your questions through UK Libraries' chat service ("Ask Us"):
- See our Ask Us page for additional help options.
- Library locations are now operating on 2021 summer session hours.
- CDC-approved face masks or coverings are required upon entry to the library and must be worn at all times while inside.
- Visitors are asked to continue maintaining a minimum distance of six feet from others while in the library.
- Group study and meeting rooms are unavailable at this time.
- Commonly shared items such as public computers, dry erase markers and erasers, cables and similar materials are not available in public areas or for check out.
- Print items are available for check out in-person or through Grab-and-Go, UK Libraries' low contact service option.
- When returning print items, UK Libraries encourages you to use the designated book return outside your nearest UK Libraries location.
- Looking for audiovisual materials? These items may be requested at the Circulation Desk in William T. Young Library.
- Periodicals, Newspapers and Microform Desk services are available online and by appointment.
- Patrons are also encouraged to explore UK Libraries' online newspaper resources.