Study Room Policies
GROUP STUDY ROOM POLICIES
By reserving a group study room, YOU are responsible for your group. You assume responsibility for any damages and violations of these policies by ANYONE in your study group, even if you are not participating in the violation.
- Group study rooms are meant for groups of 2-10 people and only have eight chairs. Project rooms are meant for groups of 2-5 people, and only have five chairs. Individuals and groups larger than 10 will be asked to leave.
- Only UK students, faculty, and staff can check out group study rooms and only for up to 3 hours per day.
- Rooms are for studying only. No lab experiments. No electrical appliances.
- Food is limited in study rooms. Only cold or room temperature finger foods and snacks are allowed. Chips, candy, energy bars, fruit, hummus are allowed. No hot food, no greasy food, no smelly food. No fast food at all, so no Taco Bell, no Chick-fil-A, no La Madeline, no K-Lair, no Starbucks sandwiches.
- However, we have a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for messes. If any food waste—including wrappers, bags, etc.-- are found in your study room—including in the trash can—you will lose study room privileges for the remainder of the school year. Use the campsite rule for study rooms: Leave it cleaner than you found it. If you arrive for your study room reservation and find a mess, notify the circulation staff IMMEDIATELY.
- UK is a tobacco free campus. Smoking and smokeless tobacco are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Alcohol is also STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- Only reserve time in group study rooms that you will actually use. Not showing up, showing up late, or leaving early without cancelling your reservation will result in you losing your existing reservations and your ability to make future reservations. Make sure to go to Starbucks before your reservation starts!
Library staff and security personnel will check your room during your reservation. Your group will be asked to leave and your ability to reserve study rooms in the future will be lost if YOU or ANYONE in your group violates these policies.