Newspapers and Microfilm
Our paper periodical holdings are listed in the Libraries' online catalog, InfoKat. Search the catalog by periodical title or consult Reference Services for assistance. You can contact us in-person, by phone (859-218-2046 or Reference Services, 218-2048), or by email (Reference Desk). Electronic journals can be located by journal title in the E-Journals Database or discovered via database searches via the Get Text at UK buttons.
Periodical collections are shelved in many locations on campus. Most collections are shelved on the 3rd floor of Young Library by Library of Congress classificationnumbers; current year issues can be found in the north wing of the 3rd floor. Some collections are incomplete; for details on our subscriptions, ask at the Reference Services Desk in the north wing of the 2nd floor.
Other locations for some periodical issues:
- in Young Library, the newest issues are in the Unbound Periodicals collection 3rd floor north wing
- in Young Library, most older issues are located by call number onthe east, west and south wings of the 3rd floor
- some issues are at the Periodicals Desk on microfilm or microfiche 2nd floor, East Wing
- many issues are available electronically -- ask Reference for help
- some periodical collections are shelved at other campus libraries
- some periodical collections are shelved in Storage - Library Collections (ask Reference)
Many copy machines are available in Young Library. For information about copying and printing, see Reference or consult this copying information page.
Students, staff and faculty may borrow some periodicals; consult the Circulation Policies for details.
Ask Us! http://libraries.uky.edu/Ask
2nd Floor, Young Library 0456
Emergency Vehicle Response Location: 401 Hilltop