Chat requires JavaScript.
Search our site
  • UK Libraries Home

Course Reserves


Student Reserves Information


What are Course Reserves?

Course reserves are required class materials reserved by your instructor for your class. They may include various types of items and formats depending on the needs of the class. Although exceptions are made on occasion, required textbooks are not usually placed on reserve.


How do I find them?

Electronic reserves are located in Blackboard (Bb).

Hardcopies and items in other formats may be found by doing a Course Reserve Search in the Libraries’ catalog, InfoKat. You may search by the Instructor’s Last Name or the Course Number. Once a reserve list is located, you can see what material is on reserve for that course/instructor, where the material is located, the loan period (how long you may check it out), and whether it’s currently checked out. These reserves may be held at any campus library.


How do I borrow/access them?

Hardcopies and items in other formats may be checked out at the Circulation Desk with a valid student ID. Because of the heavy demand for these items, reserves are subject to renewal limits (no renewals) as well as restrictions on the number of items that can be borrowed at one time (3). The loan period for course reserves is chosen by the instructor and is shorter than regular loan periods. Overdue fines for late returns are high. Please contact the appropriate library for information regarding specific borrowing policies and fines for reserves at that location.

Electronic reserves are accessed by using your link blue account to log into Bb.  Once in Bb, click on the eReserves link found in the navigation menu to locate the E-reserves for your course.  Alternatively, once in Bb, you may also click on Content Collection/Libraries/Ereserves/Your Course Folder.

For your convenience, a link to the Bb login screen is also provided in the Course Reserve Search option found in InfoKat.

If you experience trouble accessing E-reserves, please contact your instructor so he/she can contact the appropriate reserves staff to assist with resolving the problem.