Student Reserves Information
What are Course Reserves?
Course reserves are required class materials reserved by your instructor for your class. Although exceptions are made on occasion, required textbooks are not usually placed on reserve.
How do I find them?
Electronic reserves are located in Canvas.
Hard copies and items in other formats may be found by doing a Course Reserve Search in the Libraries’ catalog, Discovery Infokat. You may search by the instructor’s last name, the name of the class, or the course code. Once a reserve list is located, you can see:
- what material that instructor has placed on reserve for that particular course,
- the loan period (how long you may check it out,)
- and whether it’s currently checked out.
These reserves may be held at any campus library.
How do I borrow/access them?
Hard copies and items in any other print formats may be checked out at the Circulation Desk of Young with a valid student ID.
Some important things to remember when checking out reserves:
- reserves are subject to renewal limits (no renewals)
- you can only borrow 3 reserves at a time
- course reserves loan periods are shorter than the regular loan periods.
- the loan period is chosen by the instructor, not the department
- overdue fines for later returns can be 60 cents per hour
Please contact the appropriate library for information regarding specific borrowing policies and fines for reserves at that location.