Finding Government Information
Federal Government Periodicals
How to Find Federal Government Periodicals
- To determine if the UK Libraries own a particular federal government periodical, search the online catalog, InfoKat, by the title of the periodical.
- The catalog records list the library location and call number for each periodical. In some cases, the record will also list the years and volumes owned by the library.
- In Young Library, federal government periodicals are shelved by Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) call number.
- Current issues of most federal government periodicals (unbound) are shelved on the 3rd floor, North Wing in the unbound periodicals area.
- Bound volumes of federal government periodicals are shelved on the 5th floor, North and East wing.
Instructions on how to look for a SuDoc call number
- Other campus libraries may shelve federal government periodicals by call number or in alphabetical order by title.
- Most electronic federal government periodicals are listed in the online catalog. Most titles are accessible from off campus for UK faculty, students and staff through government websites accessible via a web browser (such as Firefox or Internet Explorer).
Note: To find federal government periodical articles on a specific topic, see: How to find federal government periodical articles.