Finding Government Information
Federal Government Publications
How to Find Federal Government Publications
- To find a federal government publication, begin by searching the UK Libraries online catalog InfoKat.
- Search by federal government agency, title or keyword.
- To search by keyword and retrieve only federal government publications, use the Guided Search in InfoKat and construct the search as follows: <your topic> AND gpo
- The catalog records will list the library location and call number for each government publication.
- In the UK Libraries, federal government publications are shelved by Superintendent of Documents (SuDoc) call number. SuDoc call numbers begin with letters of the alphabet. Click here to see a list of SuDoc call numbers and the subjects they represent.
- Where are the government publications?
- If the catalog record lists Young Library as the location, the federal government publication will be shelved on the 5th floor, (North wing or East wing). For instructions on how to look for a SuDoc call number, follow this link.
- For example, a federal government publication with the call number:
- Young Government Publications HH 1.2 : Af 2/3 will be shelved on the 5th floor, East wing. stacks map: 5th floor
- Show a library card or UK student ID to check out federal government publications at the Circulation desk.
- Federal government publications may also be shelved in other campus libraries. Be sure to note the library location and call number. Check the library's location and the hours for each library.