InfoKat, the library catalog, lists the titles of journals but does not list the individual articles published in the journals.
- Use a database that indexes journals and search by subject or keyword to find articles:
Academic Search Premier is a database that covers a wide range of subjects and is a good place to start your research. Many full-text articles are included.
- UK Libraries provide over 300 specialized databases
- to find specialized databases, consult RESEARCH GUIDES by Subject.
- Once you have identified an article and a journal title,
- Use E-Journals Database to find the e-journal.
- Most electronic journals can be accessed from off campus by UK faculty, students and staff by following the instructions for proxy server access.
- To determine if the UK Libraries has a particular journal in paper, search InfoKat, for the title of the journal to obtain the library location and call number and the years and volumes owned. Currently, only selected electronic journals are listed in InfoKat, so always check the E-Journals Database to see if we have electronic access.
- In Young Library, journals are shelved by Library of Congress call number
- Current issues of journals (unbound) are shelved on the 3rd floor North Wing.
- Bound journals are shelved on the 3rd floor beginnin gin the South Wing.
- Branch/subject and associate libraries (Law and Medical Center) may shelve journals by call number or in alphabetical order by title.