- German-English Dictionary, from Link Everything Online.
- The Glossarist, compendium of glossaries on various subjects.
- List of Dictionaries, guide to bilingual and other dictionaries.
- Merriam-Webster's WWWebster Dictionary, with voiced pronunciation, usage, grammatical function, a brief etymology, and definition. A thesaurus can be queried for similar words. Misspellings return suggested spellings, and there are hypertext links to illustrations.
- OneLook Dictionaries, search large collection of Internet dictionaries with one search.
- Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd Edition. Click on "ENTER OED ONLINE." Accessible from campus computers and off-campus via the proxy server.
- Roget's Thesaurus, from Lexico LLC.
- StarBits Acronyms, Abbreviations and More, searchable multilingual database of abbreviations, acronyms, contractions, symbols, etc., providing expansions/meanings for about 120,000 entries.
- Webster's Third New International Dictionary (Unabridged),includes the text of Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged, published in 1961, and subsequent updates which take account of current usage. Available from Literature Online under "Individual Collections." Accessible via campus computers. Also available off-campus for UK faculty, students and staff via the proxy server.
- Your Dictionary.com, large index of online language dictionaries for nearly 100 different tongues.
| Return to the Distance Learning Library Services' main page |