Book & Media Express
Book & Media Express, a service for faculty, staff, and students, offers the delivery of books from any campus library and media material from the Young Audio Visual Services Media Library to a different campus library. It also provides delivery to a pick-up point for all patrons needing any material retrieved from Storage - Library Collections.
- Access to the Book & Media Express service is through InfoKat.
- From any record in InfoKat, click the Requests button to place a Book & Media Express order.
- You will be asked for your patron log-on information.
- Choose the Book Express option.
- On the next screen, enter your preferred pick-up location from the pull-down menu. (The requested item may not be located in the same library as the selected pick-up location.)
- To find out when your order will be be available:
- Log-on to your Library Account and check "Request Information."
- You will see "Items Available" if anything is ready.
- Delivery should occur within two business days. If item is not at the pick-up location by this time, contact the holding library to inquire.
- Materials will be returned to the holding library if not picked up within 10 days of availability.
- Requests are limited to 10 items per day (Books) or 3 items per day (Media).
- Non-circulating materials, Reference, Journals, Scores, and Special Collections materials are not available through Book Express. UK patrons may request scans of articles/chapters held in our Storage Facilities via the Storage Article Express service. UK faculty, staff, and disability students may request scans of articles/chapters held elsewhere on campus via the Article Express service.
Please send any questions or comments to Document Delivery.