Book & Media Express
The Book & Media Express service now offers delivery and retrieval of materials held in Young Library for library patrons (UK faculty, staff, and graduate students) to the Young Circulation Department hold shelf. The Fine Arts Library also offers same-site retrieval.
Book & Media Express, a service for faculty, staff, and students, offers the delivery of books from any campus library and media material from the Young Audio Visual Services Media Library to a different campus library. It also provides delivery to a pick-up point for all patrons needing any material retrieved from Storage - Library Collections.
- Access to the Book & Media Express service is through InfoKat Discovery.
- From any record in InfoKat Discovery, click the Requests button to place a Book & Media Express order.
- You will be asked for your patron log-on information.
- Choose the Book Express option.
- On the next screen, enter your preferred pick-up location from the pull-down menu. (The requested item may not be located in the same library as the selected pick-up location.)
- To find out when your order will be be available:
- Log-on to your Library Account and check "Request Information."
- You will see "Items Available" if anything is ready.
- Delivery should occur within two business days. If item is not at the pick-up location by this time, contact the holding library to inquire.
- Materials will be returned to the holding library if not picked up within 10 days of availability.
Non-circulating materials, Reference, Journals, Scores, and Special Collections materials are not available through Book Express. UK patrons may request scans of articles/chapters held in our Storage Facilities via the Storage Article Express service. UK faculty, staff, and disability students may request scans of articles/chapters held elsewhere on campus via the Article Express service.
Please send any questions or comments to Document Delivery.