Retrieving Library Materials
If time and staffing allow, a reference librarian may be able to retrieve one or two items immediately. However, additional time will be necessary to retrieve an extensive list of titles. After the books have been retrieved the user will be notified and informed where to pick them up. Books from Young Library will need to be checked out at the Circulation Desk and books retrieved from other campus libraries will already be checked out to the user.
Retrieving/photocopying Journal Articles and Book Chapters: *
Once articles are identified:
- One request form must be completed for each item needed.
- Forms are available at the Reference Desk; staff will assist in filling out the forms, if necessary.
- The Document Delivery Service in the Interlibrary Loan Office will process these requests by pulling the journals or books, photocopying the articles or book chapters, and posting the invoice on the user's electronic library record.
- If users do not request that the photocopies be mailed, they will be notified and informed where to pick them up.
- Invoices do not have to be paid when the photocopies are picked up; the invoice will be posted to the user's electronic library record.
- The user may then pay the bill by cash or check at the Fines, Lost & Found Office (next to Circulation in Young Library) M-F, 8:15 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Checks (NOT CASH) may also be mailed to: Fines, Lost & Found Office, Young Library, University Libraries, Lexington, KY 40506-0456.
- Checks should be made payable to the University of Kentucky.
* The "fair use" law of Title 17, U.S. Code, governs Photocopying. Document Delivery Services reserves the right to refuse requests it deems in violation of "fair use."