When the Reference Desk is open, Reference Services has primary responsibility for assisting patrons in using the Libraries' InfoKat Discovery Service, databases, indexes, the Internet, and other materials located in the library. Ready reference assistance (for quick lookups or answers) is available on an immediate basis. However, some research questions may require in-depth assistance that will be provided by appointment only. To schedule an appointment please contact the Young Library Reference Desk.
Examples of Ready Reference:
- Does UK own these two books?
- I need to identify one scholarly article in the field of social work.
Examples of In-depth Reference:
- I need to compile a legislative history of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- I am doing a paper about whether there are long-term psychological effects for women who have had abortions.
- I want to know what the current research says about this topic.