Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Last update: May 13, 2020
Most library services are available remotely. Updates will be posted here as services change in status.
- The "Ask Us" chat function on UK Libraries' homepage is available for extended hours through the summer semester:
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- UK Libraries' team of academic liaisons is here to assist you in your transition to online teaching, learning and research.
- See Instructional Support to schedule an instruction session with your liaison.
Computers & Additional Hardware
- Students may submit requests for computers and other equipment through the myUK portal.
- Access to physical reserve items is temporarily suspended.
- Instructors wishing to put items on summer reserve should contact Mary Pattengill (email@example.com). The library will work with instructors to provide access to material - this includes electronic books when possible, scanned book chapters or excerpts (10% or less of copyrighted book is the Fair Use standard), electronic journal articles found in UK Libraries databases, course syllabi, lecture notes, etc.
- All public events at the University of Kentucky have been cancelled through the end of the spring semester.
- Online course guides are a valuable tool for helping your students find and use online resources. Contact your academic liaison to request a course guide specific to your subject and course requirements.
- To request an instruction session via Zoom, contact your academic liaison or submit an Instruction Request Form.
- Additional library guides are available to assist with online instruction:
- Email ILLBorrowing@uky.edu for questions or assistance.
- Electronic resources can still be requested through UK Libraries' online portal.
- For the health and safety of our patrons and personnel, delivery of physical items has been suspended.
- Medical Center Library Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and assistance.
- Several collections have been made available for online streaming:
- Faculty can request online access to several films available in Little Library's DVD collection. Email email@example.com for questions and assistance.
- Several items in the UK Libraries media collection are available online.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and assistance.
- Click here to learn more about streaming media online through UK Libraries.
- To speak with a medical librarian, email email@example.com.
- For more information on the Medical Center Library's ILLiad, see Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery above.
- Request a Literature Search by completing this online form.
- For further assistance, please leave a voicemail at (859) 323-5300, and a member of MCL Circulation will follow up with you shortly.
- Access thousands of Kentucky newspapers through the Kentucky Digital Newspaper Program.
- Several resources are available through UK Libraries' Newspaper Research Guide.
- Click here to learn more about locating newspapers through UK Libraries' InfoKat Discovery.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and assistance.