Safe & Smart RESTART
Last update: August 4, 2020
- Building Access
- Course Reserves
- Instructional Support
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
- Media Library (A/V Services)
- Periodicals, Newspapers and Microfiche
- Reference Desk
- Librarians are available online to answer your questions seven days a week through UK Libraries' chat service ("Ask Us"):
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Hours of operation and seating capacity at library locations have been reduced to facilitate proper cleaning and physical distancing. View our Hours at a Glance here.
- Group study and meeting rooms are unavailable at this time.
- CDC approved face masks or coverings are required upon entry.
- Commonly shared items such as public computers, dry erase markers and erasers, cables and similar materials are not available in public areas or for check out.
- Library facilities will begin opening the week of Aug 3. For location-specific RESTART dates and service updates, follow the links below:
- UK Libraries is committed to doing our part to help keep our community safe and healthy. Visit Health & Safety for more information on CDC, Kentucky and University guidelines and recommendations.
- Print items are available for low contact check out to University of Kentucky students, faculty and staff through UK Libraries' Grab-and-Go service.
- Due dates for all borrowed materials have been extended automatically through August 31.
- This extension does not apply to books that were overdue or lost before the library closed on March 20.
- For questions and concerns about fines, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When returning print items, UK Libraries encourages you to use the designated book return outside your nearest UK Libraries location.
- To better ensure the health and safety of our campus community, physical reserves will be quarantined for 72 hours between handling. UK Libraries encourages instructors to take advantage of our e-reserves as a more efficient alternative.
- Instructors wishing to put print or electronic items on fall reserve should contact Mary Pattengill (email@example.com). The library will work with instructors to provide access to material - this includes electronic books when possible, scanned book chapters or excerpts (10% or less of copyrighted book is the Fair Use standard), electronic journal articles found in UK Libraries databases, course syllabi, lecture notes, etc.
- Online course guides are a valuable tool for helping your students find and use online resources. Contact your academic liaison to request a course guide specific to your subject and course requirements.
- To request an instruction session via Zoom, contact your academic liaison or submit an Instruction Request Form.
- Additional library guides are available to assist with online and hybrid instruction:
- Email ILLBorrowing@uky.edu for questions or assistance.
- Physical and electronic resources may be requested through UK Libraries' online portal.
- Medical Center Library Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- Periodicals, Newspapers and Microfiche Desk services are available online and by appointment.
- Appointments may be scheduled to access microforms in Young Library. Click here to schedule an appointment.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and assistance
- Patrons are also encouraged to explore UK Libraries' online newspaper resources.
- The Reference Desk is here to serve you online seven days a week.
- To speak with a medical librarian, email email@example.com.
- Request a literature search by completing this online form.
- For further assistance, please leave a voicemail at (859) 323-5300, and a member of MCL Circulation will follow up with you shortly.