Safe & Smart RESTART
Last update: December 11, 2020
- Building Access
- Course Reserves
- Instructional Support
- Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
- Lactation Room
- Media Library (A/V Services)
- Periodicals, Newspapers and Microform
- Reference Desk
- Librarians are available online to answer your questions seven days a week through UK Libraries' chat service ("Ask Us"):
- Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- See our Ask Us page for winter holiday exceptions and additional help options.
- Hours of operation and seating capacity at library locations have been reduced to facilitate proper cleaning and physical distancing. View our Hours at a Glance here.
- Group study and meeting rooms are unavailable at this time.
- Visitors are asked to remain at a minimum distance of six feet from others while in the library.
- CDC-approved face masks or coverings are required upon entry to the library and must be worn at all times while inside.
- Commonly shared items such as public computers, dry erase markers and erasers, cables and similar materials are not available in public areas or for check out.
- For location-specific service updates, follow the links below:
- UK Libraries is committed to doing our part to help keep our community safe and healthy. Visit Health & Safety for more information on CDC, Kentucky and University guidelines and recommendations.
- Print items are available for check out in-person or through Grab-and-Go, UK Libraries' low contact service option.
- For questions and concerns about fines, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When returning print items, UK Libraries encourages you to use the designated book return outside your nearest UK Libraries location.
- To better ensure the health and safety of our campus community, physical reserves will be not be offered. UK Libraries encourages instructors to take advantage of our e-reserves as a more efficient alternative.
- Instructors wishing to put electronic items on reserve should contact Mary Pattengill (email@example.com). The library will work with instructors to provide access to material - this includes electronic books when possible, scanned book chapters or excerpts (10% or less of copyrighted book is the Fair Use standard), electronic journal articles found in UK Libraries databases, course syllabi, lecture notes, etc.
- Online course guides are a valuable tool for helping your students find and use online resources. Contact your academic liaison to request a course guide specific to your subject and course requirements.
- To request an instruction session via Zoom, contact your academic liaison or submit an Instruction Request Form.
- Additional library guides are available to assist with online and hybrid instruction:
- Email ILLBorrowing@uky.edu for questions or assistance.
- Physical and electronic resources may be requested through UK Libraries' online portal.
- Medical Center Library Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery
- UK Libraries welcomes nursing moms! The William T. Young Library Lactation Room has relocated to room B-82 and is now outfitted with additional supplies for nursing moms, including hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- The Lactation Room is cleaned daily. Please help UK Libraries maintain the health and safety of all visitors by observing the following precautions:
- Please do not use the room if you suspect that you are sick or have been in contact with anyone with suspected/confirmed COVID-19.
- Do not share the room with others, except for your babies and children.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds before and after pumping and use hand sanitizer.
- Wipe surfaces before and after using the room.
- Visit the Young Library Lactation Room page for more information.
- Items from A/V Services are available for check out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of Young Library.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional questions and assistance.
- Click here to learn more about streaming media online through UK Libraries.
- Periodicals, Newspapers and Microform Desk services are available online and by appointment.
- Patrons are also encouraged to explore UK Libraries' online newspaper resources.
- The Reference Desk is here to serve you online seven days a week.
- To speak with a medical librarian, email email@example.com.
- Request a literature search by completing this online form.
- For further assistance, please leave a voicemail at (859) 323-5300, and a member of MCL Circulation will follow up with you shortly.