Intermittent problems with web access
The Proxy server used to provide off-campus access to library resources is having technical problems. Because all links to databases and resources go through this server, access may be interrupted for on-campus users, too.
If you are ON CAMPUS and have trouble reaching a resource (EBSCOhost or JSTOR, for example) the following instructions should allow you to bypass the Proxy server.
- Go to http://lib.uky.edu
- Find the resource you want on the main page, or view the complete list found through the All Available Electronic Resources link at the bottom of the page: http://lib.uky.edu/prodalphbu.html
- Right-click on the product you want to access and copy the link
- Paste into a browser address box
- Remove the complete proxy string at the beginning of the URL: http://ezproxy.uky.edu/login?url=
- You will now be able to access the product from ON CAMPUS
University of Kentucky faculty, staff and students who are located OFF CAMPUS can use the procedure above after establishing a VPN connection. See http://wiki.uky.edu/vpn/Wiki%20Pages/Home.aspx for information.
Return to full listing of current news and events.