The 1928 men's tennis team poses behind the net with rackets in hand. The Mining Laboratory serves as a backdrop. The tennis courts seem much improved over their condition in the Physics & Civil Engineering Building photograph.
The main tennis courts were on land that is now beneath McVey Hall and the Grehan Journalism Building. A second location for tennis was behind Patterson Hall on land now occupied by Blazer Hall. It was a convenient location for the women staying in the dormitory to play.