The following sites offer web-based training in the use of information resources:
- MCL 2013-14 Resources Brochure
- EBSCOhost Searching CINAHL Tutorials: Basic Searching (runtime 4 minutes), Advanced Searching Techniques (runtime 4.4 minutes) and Using CINAHL/MESH Subject Headings (runtime 5.5 minutes).
For additional tutorials, documentation, and FAQs go to the CINAHL Support Center.
- Cochrane Library Tutorials -- Part 1: Introduction, Part 2: Searching + MeSH, and Part 3: Saved Searches and e-mail Alerts. Modules are free but require registration.
- HR E-Training (Restricted to UK faculty, staff, and students)
The ExecuTrain Virtual Campus provides self-paced courses, books, technical references, and Brainbench certification exams on the Web.
- EndNote Training
- Micromedex Healthcare Series Tutorial
Additional Micromedex Training
- PubMed Tutorial/Quick Tours
- Branching Out: The MeSH® Vocabulary
- Toxnet Support Pages
- PubMed and ClinicalTrials.gov Training Manuals
These files from the National Library of Medicine are available in PDF or Word formats.
- NCBI YouTube Channel -- Videos from the National Center for Biotechnology Information including presentations and tutorials about NCBI biomolecular and biomedical literature databases.
- OvidSP Databases Tutorials
Tutorials are available for many of the OvidSP databases.
- Web of Science Tutorial
Learn about the online resource that gives you access to Science Citation Index, Social Sciences Citation Index and Arts & Humanities Citation Index.
- Kentucky Virtual Library Tutorials
Tutorials are available to learn how to use KYVL, how to do research and how to use KYVL databases. Select the appropriate link from the navigation bar on the left side of the homepage.
For questions or additional information, contact Medical Center Library Research, Education & Clinical Services.