Key services provided by the Research, Education & Clinical Services Division include:
- Staffing the User Services desk and answering questions received via phone or e-mail. Contact the Medical Center Library Research, Education & Clinical Services Division for assistance or information.
- Performing mediated database searches using multiple electronic information resources.
- Providing problem-solving assistance for issues related to licensed databases, connectivity problems, and UK e-mail accounts.
- Evaluating print, audiovisual, and electronic resources to determine the best products and services to meet the needs of library customers.
- Teaching curriculum-based classes requested by UK Medical Center course directors.
- Offering open enrollment classes for topics such as the use of key databases, internet resources, and bibliographic management software.
- Creating instructional guides and tip sheets in print and electronic formats.
- Serving as liaisons for UK health sciences colleges and key research centers.
- Providing outreach services to UK community faculty and Kentucky Area Health Education Centers.
- Maintaining the UK Medical Center Library website.
- Identifying and categorizing Internet sites for the Electronic Reference Shelf.
Contact Rick Brewer, Assistant Director, Research, Education & Clinical Services Division for questions or additional information.