MCL Contact Person
Each individual will be assigned a Contact Person (CP), a Medical Center Library librarian or technician who has volunteered to participate in this program. The CP will be the primary resource person for assisting the individual.
- If the primary CP is not available, another Medical Center Library staff member will be contacted and he/she will retrieve the individual's registration form and provide assistance to the library user.
- Since most initial contact begins at the User Services Desk, the staff members at the User Services Desk will assign a CP to the individual this initial transaction.
Any concerns or problems may be discussed with the Coordinator of MCL Disability Services, Bev Hilton.
Responsibilities of the MCL Contact Person
The CP will attempt to assist the library user according to the CP's ability.
- This may include (but is not limited to) performing searches on databases to retrieve information, verifying references, locating books and/or ready reference materials, and photocopying information.
- The CP will assist in completing ILLiad (ILL/Document Delivery) requests and following up with delivery options.
- If the CP feels that the individual needs more expertise than the CP can provide, the CP will refer the user to a Medical Center Library Research, Education & Clinical Services Division librarian or will work with a RE&CS librarian to provide service to the satisfaction of the user.