The Medical Center Library computer classroom is open all hours the Library is open.
- 8:00 a.m - Midnight, Monday - Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., Friday
- 10:00 a.m. - 6 p.m., Saturdays
- Noon - 8:00 p.m., Sunday
The classroom is designed to serve the educational, research, and patient care needs of the University of Kentucky faculty, students, and staff.
The classroom computers have access to the Internet and major Windows productivity applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Software programs used for UK classes are loaded when requested by instructors.
Assistance is provided during prime hours of operation (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). All users of the computer classroom are expected to observe the following guidelines.
Computer Use Guidelines
- Software is licensed for educational use only. Illegal use of computer hardware and software is prohibited under Kentucky Criminal Law (KRS 434.850 - 434.860).
- Only software installed by the University Libraries or Medical Center Information Services is allowed. Do not download or install software on these workstations. Library staff will work with instructors to load authorized software needed for educational purposes.
- Attempting to bypass system restrictions, tampering with system files or applications, or otherwise misusing computer or network resources is not allowed.
- Do not move equipment or attach peripherals.
- Medical Center instructors can reserve the classroom for classes. Classroom use will be restricted to people participating in reserved training sessions during designated time periods. Classroom reservations can be requested by contacting Medical Center Library Research, Education & Clinical Services Division.
- Excessive noise is not allowed. Be considerate of others by keeping noise and other disruptions to a minimum. Disruptive persons will be asked to leave.
- Game playing is not an appropriate use for library computers.
- Please limit your time to 30 minutes when others are waiting; there is a limit of one computer per person.
- Food, drink, and tobacco products are not allowed.
- Printing costs are 12 cents/page and requires a UK student I.D. card or DART card.
- Personal files left on the computers will be deleted.
- The University of Kentucky is not responsible for lost files or data, or for lost or damaged disks.
Flagrant violation of the Computer Use Policy may result in the loss of access privileges to the library computers.
These computers provide unrestricted access to the Internet, which may contain materials offensive to some users. The University of Kentucky is not responsible for content found in any external resource that is accessible from computer workstations in the UK Libraries, whether free or paid for by the Libraries. Users should speak to a library staff member if concerned about materials viewed on library workstations.
For additional information, refer to the Policy Governing Access to and Use of University Information Technology Resources.
For suggestions and complaints, please speak to a library staff member, drop suggestions in the box located at the user services desk or complete a comment form which will be sent to the interim library director.