Due to inclement weather, UK will be operating on Plan B for Thursday, March 5th. Please contact the library location you intend to visit before traveling. Current open/closed information is below.
Confirmed Closed March 5th: Agricultural Information Center, Design, Education, Little Fine Arts, Medical Center, Morris, Science, Special Collections Research Center, Shaver Engineering, and Transportation.
Confirmed Open: William T. Young Library will close at midnight on Wednesday, March 4th and will open at 10 am on Thursday, March 5th.
Engineering, Science, and Little Fine Arts libraries will all close at 7pm Wednesday, March 4th
Group Study Rooms
There are 22 group study rooms in William T. Young Library available for use by UK-affiliated groups only (some of these are limited to weekends and after 5pm on weekdays. Come to the Circulation Desk to check out a study room; you will need at least 2 of your group present and a valid UK or BCTC student ID to sign out a room. Most rooms have eight (8) chairs and holds a maximum of ten (10) people. Rooms are equipped with data connections and a dry-erase board. Two rooms are equipped wih a Mediascape unit. Dry-erase markers/eraser are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Group Study Room Policies
- MESSY FOOD AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- DRINKS IN SPILL-PROOF, RECLOSEABLE CONTAINERS ARE PERMITTED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOUR DRINK CONTAINER IS ALLOWED, PLEASE CHECK WITH THE SECURITY DESK.
- Please dispose of your trash in appropriate containers.
- Rooms are limited to UK group study only. Individuals or groups not affiliated with UK CANNOT check out a group study room. At least two (2) group members must be present to check out a room.
- Group study rooms CANNOT be reserved. Rooms are checked out on a first come, first served basis only.
- Group study rooms contain eight (8) chairs and are limited to ten (10) people. (With the exception of the 2 rooms behind the reference desk--these are limited to 5 people and may be checked out after 5pm on weekdays and any time on weekends) Do NOT remove chairs or bring additional chairs into to the room.
- The group is financially responsible for any damages resulting from abuse or neglect.
- Rooms may NOT be booked for regularly scheduled classes.
- If your library record is blocked from checking out materials, you will not be allowed to check out a room. All blocks in InfoKat, the Libraries' online catalog, will be enforced.
- Room loan periods are four hours, with one renewal for an additional four hours provided no one is waiting for a room. NO RENEWALS DURING DEAD AND FINALS WEEKS.
- Keys returned late or lost will be assessed a late fee of $.01 per minute--up to $20.00.
SECURITY PERIODICALLY CHECK GROUP STUDY ROOMS. IF YOU OR ANY ONE IN YOUR GROUP IS FOUND IN VIOLATION OF GROUP STUDY ROOM POLICES, A WARNING WILL BE POSTED TO YOUR LIBRARY RECORD. A SECOND VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF GROUP STUDY ROOM PRIVILEGES FOR ONE SEMESTER.