Group Study Rooms
There are 22 group study rooms in William T. Young Library available for use by UK-affiliated groups only (some of these are limited to weekends and after 5pm on weekdays. Come to the Circulation Desk to check out a study room; you will need at least 2 of your group present and a valid UK or BCTC student ID to sign out a room. Most rooms have eight (8) chairs and holds a maximum of ten (10) people. Rooms are equipped with data connections and a dry-erase board. Two rooms are equipped wih a Mediascape unit. Dry-erase markers/eraser are available for checkout at the Circulation Desk.
Group Study Room Policies
- MESSY FOOD AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
- DRINKS IN SPILL-PROOF, RECLOSEABLE CONTAINERS ARE PERMITTED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE IF YOUR DRINK CONTAINER IS ALLOWED, PLEASE CHECK WITH THE SECURITY DESK.
- Please dispose of your trash in appropriate containers.
- Rooms are limited to UK group study only. Individuals or groups not affiliated with UK CANNOT check out a group study room. At least two (2) group members must be present to check out a room.
- Group study rooms CANNOT be reserved. Rooms are checked out on a first come, first served basis only.
- Group study rooms contain eight (8) chairs and are limited to ten (10) people. (With the exception of the 2 rooms behind the reference desk--these are limited to 5 people and may be checked out after 5pm on weekdays and any time on weekends) Do NOT remove chairs or bring additional chairs into to the room.
- The group is financially responsible for any damages resulting from abuse or neglect.
- Rooms may NOT be booked for regularly scheduled classes.
- If your library record is blocked from checking out materials, you will not be allowed to check out a room. All blocks in InfoKat, the Libraries' online catalog, will be enforced.
- Room loan periods are four hours, with one renewal for an additional four hours provided no one is waiting for a room. NO RENEWALS DURING DEAD AND FINALS WEEKS.
- Keys returned late or lost will be assessed a late fee of $.01 per minute--up to $20.00.
SECURITY PERIODICALLY CHECK GROUP STUDY ROOMS. IF YOU OR ANY ONE IN YOUR GROUP IS FOUND IN VIOLATION OF GROUP STUDY ROOM POLICES, A WARNING WILL BE POSTED TO YOUR LIBRARY RECORD. A SECOND VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF GROUP STUDY ROOM PRIVILEGES FOR ONE SEMESTER.