- Doctoral students in the writing phase of their dissertation program may submit a request for a study room at any time during the year. Study room assignments run through the end of the academic year assigned.
- Since study rooms are locked rooms, you will receive a room key and a personal locker key. Please carry your keys with you at all times. DO NOT LEND YOUR KEYS TO ANYONE. Please make sure that the door to the study room is secure when you enter or leave. Keys are the property of the University of Kentucky and must be returned at the end of the assignment.
- Snacks such as crackers, pretzels, chips, etc. may be consumed in the study rooms; drinks are allowed in securely covered containers only. Tobacco products are not allowed.
- Electrical items such as coffeepots and hotplates are not to be used in the study rooms. If such equipment is found, it will be immediately removed by Library staff.
- Library staff will check the study rooms and lockers at regular intervals and will remove any library materials that are not checked out or that are not allowed to circulate. If un-checked out library materials, unbound journals, reference books or unauthorized foods are found in a study room or locker, you will receive a written warning. A second offense will result in the suspension of locker and study room privileges for 12 months.
- Please remember that this is a study room. You are not assigned a personal desk, only access to the study room and a personal locker. Do not use the study room as a personal office, group project workroom or as a meeting area. At the end of each study session, all materials must be stored in your locker and un-checked out materials placed in the open stacks area to be reshelved.
- The Library is not responsible for materials checked out to your personal library card, or for personal items left in the rooms or in the lockers. At the end of the room assignment, any personal items left in the room will be placed in the lost and found at the Circulation Desk for a reasonable period of time and then discarded.
- Since most rooms will be shared, users are expected to maintain a quiet atmosphere and refrain from using devices such as cell phones that might disturb others.
- Furniture from other areas of the Library may not be moved into a study room.
- Please report any lighting, temperature or other building problems to the circulation desk.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT REPEATED VIOLATIONS OF THE ABOVE POLICIES MAY RESULT IN THE IMMEDIATE LOSS OF DOCTORAL STUDY ROOM ACCESS FOR A PERIOD OF 12 MONTHS.
To apply for a study room, click on the following statement:
I have read and agree to abide by these policies.