Employment - Full job description
Undergraduate Learning Librarian
The University of Kentucky seeks innovative, creative, and energetic applicants for the position of Undergraduate Learning Librarian. The successful candidate will actively participate in information literacy, assessment and campus outreach initiatives and will have a proven capacity to work effectively and collegially with faculty, students, and staff, in order to meet the information needs of UK's undergraduates.
- ALA-accredited Master's degree in Library and Information Science.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of one year information literacy experience in an academic or research library.
- Evidence of continued commitment to the profession that can result in meeting University of Kentucky promotion and tenure requirements.
- Teaching experience in an educational setting.
- Knowledge of information literacy standards, learning outcomes, and learning assessment tools.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in information literacy instruction, assessment, and instructional technologies.
- Demonstrated ability in designing and creating effective user-centered online instructional tools, such as online tutorials, LibGuides, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational ability and problem solving skills.
- Formal training in pedagogy, curriculum design, educational design, instructional technology, or educational technology.
Position is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position.
Founded in 1865 as a land-grant institution adjacent to downtown Lexington, UK is nestled in the scenic heart of the Bluegrass region of Kentucky. Recently ranked as one of the safest, most creative, and the brainiest cities in the nation, Lexington is an ideal location to experience the work-life balance that the University strives to provide to its employees. See for yourself what makes UK one great place to work.
To apply for job # SM544650, submit a UK Online Application at www.uky.edu/ukjobs. If you have any questions, contact HR/Employment, phone (859) 257-9555 press 2, or email email@example.com.
Application deadline is February 22, 2013.
The University of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from minorities and women.