Print items now available to University of Kentucky students, faculty and staff through Grab-and-Go service.
1. Order Online
Items may be requested through UK Libraries' online catalog, excluding DVDs, games, electronic devices, archival materials and other non-circulating items. Circulating materials from other UK Libraries may be requested and will be shipped to William T. Young Library before pickup.
- To request an item through UK Libraries' InfoKat Discovery catalog, log in using your Link Blue ID, search for your item and complete the available request form.
- Up to 10 items may be requested per week.
- Library personnel will process requests and notify patrons when items are available for pickup.
- Depending on the demand, requests may take up to 5-7 business days to process. Same-day pickup is not available.
2. Schedule Pickup
Patrons will be asked to schedule a pickup day and time through a link in the notification sent by UK Libraries personnel.
- Pickups may be scheduled for Tuesdays or Fridays.
- Time slots are limited to one visit per week per patron.
3. Retrieve Items
Items may be retrieved at the University Drive entrance of Young Library at your confirmed day and time.
- Upon arriving at Young Library, call the number in your email notification before entering the building.
- Patrons will be required to wear a mask upon entry. A UK Wildcard ID will be needed to check out items.
- Items will be in bags and distributed from a staffed pickup table inside the University Drive entrance hallway.
To return items, please use the Young Library book drop, which is open and accessible from the Hilltop Avenue loop facing The 90. Materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before handling.